Mama Quest

Tracking our life through the ups and downs becoming someone who's expecting

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Halfway Through Round #1


I started my "mystery meds" as I like to call them on Thursday night after my appointment on Thursday morning. In the appointment they did another internal ultrasound.....they're going to have a lot of pics of my uterus :) and took a whole bunch of blood. They also did a urine and blood pregnancy test along with a progesterone test and confirmed that I'm not currently pregnant not did I ovulate recently so it was a go for the study meds. I've taken two already and getting ready for the third in about an hour or so (they recommend taking them at the same time so I have an alarm set on my phone) and so far the biggest side effect I've noticed is a headache....although I get those a lot anyways so it's no big thing. Now onto doing the "baby dance" every other day as is recommended and hoping things work out for the best in round one :)

In another note I totally got a funny look from my m-i-l when she told me I should use a thermometer to figure out when I ovulate and I informed her that while doing the study we would just have sex 2-3 times a week in order to ensure an egg and sperm introduction and that all the blood tests and ultrasounds will determine if I actually even ovulated this time around......she was appalled and I got a nice laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment