Mama Quest

Tracking our life through the ups and downs becoming someone who's expecting

Friday, September 10, 2010

Morning Sickness....it's a LIE!

I'm trying really hard to promise myself I won't complain. I wanted to be pregnant so badly that I was ready for anything..........or so I thought. I was prepared for morning sickness...as in the literal definition, in the morning. I was NOT prepared to feel like vomiting 90% of most days and some of them vomiting just about everything I've eaten. So far I've tried almost all the tricks that everyone recommends: crackers, ginger ale, eating small meals, attempting to eat protein. None of it has done me any good. I feel nauseous most of the day and I have absolutely no appetite. This is another frustration. I've never ever been a picky eater and now here I am wanting absolutely nothing to eat. I can't even find a source of protein that I can stomach and them smell or thought of them makes me gag. I spend feel like I spend half the day gagging or dry heaving and some days actually vomiting in the AM, noontime, the PM, pretty much any old time. The worst part is that N thinks this is hilarious. I don't know why he thinks it's so funny but apparently according to him he thinks it's funny because it means my body is doing what it should be doing. While intellectually I know that it's normal and means my hormones are doing what they are supposed to be doing, I'm actually getting ready to have a countdown to the end of the first trimester and praying that I'm not one of those people that feels sick through her entire pregnancy. N even commented to me the other day "so three kids is what you want", I told him yes, I'd go through this suffering for two more kids because I know the reward will be huge. I'm sorry if all this seems a little whiny because I know I should be all giddy and happy that I'm actually finally pregnant, but you try feeling like you're going to vomit and can't find any foods that agree with you for weeks on end and tell me how fun that is for you! I suppose if this keeps up as bad as it has been I will be talking to my doctor for recommendations of getting the nutrition we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment