Mama Quest

Tracking our life through the ups and downs becoming someone who's expecting

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bittersweet Day


Today is mother's day, a happy time for all the moms out there. I have the best mom in the world and I wish she didn't live 2 hours aways so I could see her more often. Today is also a really hard day for people like me who struggle with infertility. I was really hoping that for mother's day I would find out I was pregnant and it apparently wasn't in the cards this year. I'm hoping by next mother's day I will be a mother and I can celebrate happily instead of sadly. I know that this is a really hard day for all of us infertility patients because we are bombarded with all the images and commercials and web ads about mother's day. Those of us that are lucky enough to have amazing moms are able to celebrate them being there for us with a note of sadness that we want to be the bearer of the next generation. I'm sure that this over-saturation of mother's day in the media did not help my mini-meltdown the other day. Happy Mother's Day though to all the readers of this blog who are blessed with children both young and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment